The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration notes that 287,000 trucks were involved in traffic accidents in 2011. In those accidents, 3,757 people were killed and 88,000 experienced injuries. When you look at these numbers, they are staggering. In some of these cases, there is no fault, but in many, the truck drivers were driving in a negligent or reckless fashion. Fortunately, you have the skilled, caring, and experienced truck accident lawyers at Harnick & Harnick on your side. We will take the time to listen to you and examine all the facts surrounding your case. If we believe your case is likely to be successful in court, we’ll take it on and do everything in our power to help you receive a fair legal outcome.
Need a Trucking Accident Lawyer? We Have Over 5 Decades of Experience with Truck Accidents
You are here: Trucking Accident Lawyer in New York City
JUST CALL US
WE CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
Harnick & Harnick will handle your Trucking Accident Lawyer needs.
Trucking Accident Lawyers in New York Helping You Receive a Just Legal Outcome
Questions and Concerns You Might Want To Ask A Trucking Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in an accident as a result of the negligent or reckless actions of a truck driver, you might be wondering:
- Who is going to pay for all your medical bills while I recover from my trucking accident?
- Who will pay for the damage to the vehicle you were driving?
- How are you going to provide financially for your family?
- Who can you turn to for emotional support during this stressful time?
- Who can you trust to represent your best interests in court?
- How long will your recovery take?
When you are the victim of a trucking accident, these questions and many others will float through your mind. You probably have a personal support system in place to help you with many of these concerns, but you can also turn to Harnick’s & Harnick’s truck accident lawyers in New York. We put your concerns first – you can count on us to treat you like family.
What Should You do if You are in a Truck Accident?
When you experience something as traumatic as a trucking accident, it’s difficult to think clearly and rationally about what to do next. But, in order to care for yourself, the other driver, and retain a good chance of holding the other driver legally responsible for his or her actions, you should do the following:
- Don’t flee. If you are injured and are tempted to drive yourself to the hospital immediately, don’t. Legally, it can make you appear guilty.
- Call 911. Report the trucking accident to the police immediately. The other person may go as far as offering to pay for all your damages, but if your case has to go to court, you need to have legal documentation of the accident available.
- Don’t move injured persons – In most cases, even though you’re trying to help, you will only make their injuries worse.
- Cooperate with police – But don’t offer any information they fail to ask for. You may make a statement that destroys the credibility of your case.
- Don’t move your vehicle – You want the police to record or a have your own photographs of the trucking accident as it happened. If you change the position of your vehicle, defending lawyers may be able to argue their client isn’t responsible for the accident.
- Photograph the scene – By photographing the scene of the trucking accident as it happened, you provide concrete evidence that strongly supports your case.
- Take down contact information – Include in this the license plate numbers and VIN numbers of all vehicles in the trucking accident. Get names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident and any witnesses.
- See a doctor for your injuries – It’s important to have a medical record of any injuries, even if they are minor. It’s also important to go even if you have no apparent injuries, just to make sure you have no internal injuries.
Contact Harnick & Harnick’s Trucking Accident Lawyers in New York
Finally, if you think you were the victim of another driver’s negligent actions, contact one of our truck accident lawyers. We offer kind, compassionate legal counsel and strive to help you achieve a fair legal outcome. Contact Harnick & Harnick online for your FREE CASE REVIEW, or call us at 212.962.5065.
HARNICK & HARNICK - TRUCKING ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN NEW YORK COMING TO YOUR DEFENSE
Call Us! (212) 962-5065
305 Broadway NYC 10007