Although these cases receive a category of their own, they really belong to a larger legal category called “premises liability.” Each year, thousands of slip and fall cases occur across the country.Even though the name sounds harmless in nature, a slip and fall because of the carelessness of a property owner can cause a number of long term consequences such as:
- Permanent or partial physical disability
- Inability to work for months at a time or to perform regular job duties
- Extensive medical expenses
- Lost time with friends and family
- An inability to engage in your favorite hobbies
Unfortunately, because of the large amount of complexity surrounding these types of cases, determining fault is a difficult task for a slip and fall lawyer. At Harnick & Harnick, however, we have 90 years of experience helping slip and fall victims pursue their cases in court. After you contact us, we will be happy to review all the details of your case, and if we believe it’s valid, we will aggressively pursue it in court.